STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEW WEBSITE!
We’re re-designing to serve our PHPOA community better. Coming soon!
Our Fall Clean Up was October 12 – 14. Thanks to all who participated!
Emergency Preparedness Fair
Our Emergency Preparedness Fair was an opportunity to meet and greet our first responders to find out all they do in service to our community on Saturday, September 7 at Picacho Hills Country Club. Representatives were on hand from the Doña Ana Sheriffs Office, Fairacres Volunteer Fire Department, AMR (American Medical Response), Doña Ana County/City of Las Cruces Office of Emergency Management, and the National Weather Service.
We thank all of our First Responders for their work in keeping us safe, as well as Picacho Hills CC for hosting this event.
Fall 2019 Newsletter
Be sure to browse through all the articles on topics of interest to our neighborhood – public safety, water company projects, special events, landscaping projects, and much more. Click here to view the current copy.
Our newsletter is published three times per year — Winter, Spring, and Fall. It is distributed to PHPOA members via email. Click the link above to download your copy, or you can pick up a hard copy in the Picacho Hills CC clubhouse. If you know of anyone who is unable to access any of these outlets and would like to have a copy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Great American Clean Up – April 13
Thanks to the 20 hard working volunteers who joined us in our Spring efforts to keep our neighborhoods looking neat! Special thanks to the McKays for hosting, and to Lynn Zeemont for coordinating/planning.
From Southwest Golf Management
Lots of new and exciting specials have hit Picacho Hills Country Club this month of August. Every week we have our new “Wine Down Wednesdays” that are the perfect way to unwind and enjoy discounted drinks and food. “Half-Priced Thursdays” make it so you and a friend can dig into more food for half the price! If you’re a pasta lover, then Friday nights at the Club are for you. Dig into our “All You Can Eat Pasta Buffet” and choose from multiple sauces and pasta noodles. On Saturdays, treat yourself and a date to our “Prime Rib Night” for a three-course meal and the best view in the city.
The Picacho Hills Country Club maintenance team is working hard to make sure the course is in pristine condition for this coming season. Aerification will take place at the beginning of September; however, it should not affect your favorite tee time. Many of you have already seen major improvements on the course and we are just getting started!
Interested in joining us for one of these fun evenings? You can stop by the Clubhouse any time for membership information. Just ask for Carissa Grace, our Membership Director. Sign up today and become a member of Picacho Hills Country Club!
Our 2020 Annual Meeting for members will be on Thursday, March 12, at 6:00 PM at the Picacho Hills Country Club. We hope you’ll join us. Neighborhood Directories will be handed out to all present. The 2019 Minutes are available here. We still need volunteers for our committees. Please help us carry out our projects to make Picacho Hills a better place to live!
Tell your neighbors who aren’t members that there’s a lot going on! They can be a part of it by sending their check for membership. Here’s the form to fill out – Membership and Directory Form. This past year, the PHPOA sponsored two candidate forums, Spring and Fall Cleanups, continuation of landscaping projects from the Master Landscape Plan, added more merchants for our Merchant Discount Program, produced the annual Neighborhood Directory, and more. We are, as always, your Voice on the Hill, communicating about issues of importance to all Picacho Hills residents.
Merchant Discount Program
Use your yellow 2019 Merchant Discount card at over 50 merchants in our area. We have just added more new merchants. Check out our Merchants List so you can take advantage of every discount!
The MASTER LANDSCAPE PLAN
From its inception, the Master Landscape Plan project was intended to be a multi-year project dependent upon the financial support of the community. Now that the money collected from the first fundraiser has been exhausted, continuation of the project will hinge upon future donations. The PHPOA is ever-vigilant and working hard to improve our community. If you like what we’re doing, please support our landscape beautification efforts by donating to the PHPOA Landscape Fund. Our plan is to proceed up the hill as funding permits. As you drive by, please notice your donations at work as we beautify our neighborhood. A huge thank-you to our donors!
Checks made out to PHPOA Landscape Fund can be dropped off at the Club or mailed to PHPOA, PO Box 51, Fairacres, NM 88033. For further information, see the post below.
More About What We Do
The Picacho Hills Property Owners Association (PHPOA) is a volunteer association striving to make our community a better place to live and is open to all Picacho Hills property owners. Our goal is to enhance the safety, well-being, sense of belonging, and community pride of Picacho Hills. We work with County and local agencies on issues impacting the community and serve as a communications link with Picacho Hills Country Club, other active HOAs, and the community at large.
In case you are not familiar with this organization’s good work, here are some the projects completed in recent years:
- Redesign of the “Y” intersection of Barcelona Ridge and Picacho Hills Drive
- Repainting and improvement of landscaping around the monument at the entrance to Picacho Hills. Retention of landscape company to maintain landscaping
- Payment of cost of sign lighting, installation of cost-efficient lights
- Repair and reinforcement of tiled street signs and repainting of posts
- Repainting of Picacho Hills Country Club sign, as well as signs near the club
- Contact with the County re: safety concerns, causing the County to repair curbing on Picacho Hills Drive plus damage on other streets; restoration of reflective signs on the curve of Picacho Hills Drive
- Implementation of Neighborhood Watch program in cooperation with the Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Office. Payment for all Neighborhood Watch signs and their installation
- Involving the Town of Mesilla and County Fire Authority on improving Emergency Medical Response time
- 2017 Landscape Project – PHPOA paid for the Master Landscape Plan and collected donations for landscaping in front of the Doña Ana Water fencing at Fairway Village, up to the first cul-de-sac on the north side. Planned landscaping will occur this year at the corner of Fairway Village/Picacho Hills Dr. and the south side of Picacho Hills Drive
The PHPOA also provides these services:
- Maintenance of the PHPOA website (picachohillspoa.com)
- Three newsletters a year communicating PHPOA concerns and activities
- Welcome Bags to new residents
- Merchant Discount Program with participating merchants
- Communication with Doña Ana Mutual Domestic Water Consumers Association (DAMDWCA) on issues concerning homeowners in Picacho Hills
- Safety meetings with Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Office personnel to discuss community issues
- The annual April Great American Cleanup, arranged by the PHPOA with Southwest Central Solid Waste Authority, plus another Cleanup Day in October
- A directory of all Picacho Hills residents including names, addresses, contact information, updated annually
- Landscape maintenance of Picacho Hills Drive from Fairway Village to the triangle at Barcelona Ridge Road, extending north to Via Norte
The cost of a PHPOA membership is $70/year, a small price to pay for being informed about so much going on in Picacho Hills! A membership form is provided in each newsletter and also here. Sign yourself up, or give it to your neighbor. Remember, send the membership form with your check so we have your updated contact information. And please write clearly so we don’t have to “interpret” your email address!
Thank you in advance for your support of PHPOA’s valuable work for homeowners in Picacho Hills.